Released: April, 2018
Free Spins: Yes
Scatter Symbols: Yes
Known for their powerful and explosive designs, NextGen has managed to embody the very essence of fire through their cyberpunk inspired main character Flame, a fierce and electrifying superhero that will start melting your hearts as of April, 2018. Unlike most of the iconic, fire inspired characters in pop culture, whose hot temper is usually depicted in a one-dimensional way, NextGen’s Flame incarnates the actual nature of fire – danger, excitement, destruction and life. Vibrant visual profile is not the only thing that Flame has to offer and the player can expect generous multipliers, Free Games, morphing symbols and reel modifying bonus features, all accompanied with cinematic sound effects that contribute to a movie-like experience.
NextGen takes an interesting approach when it comes to the slot’s symbols and introduces Lion, Wolf and Eagle as the icons of higher value. The characters are beautifully executed, featuring metallic look with purple, orange and blue coloration – three colours dominant on the main slot symbol, Flame herself. Other symbols include Purple Lightning, Blue Droplet, Green Leaf and Orange Flame, followed by the card suits as the lowest ranking icons.
A separate set of symbols are Bonus icons that trigger Free Games and the morphing Wild (cross between the Wild icon and Bonus Scatter) which only appears in the bonus mode and replacing all other icons. Both the regular and the hybrid Wilds only land on reels 2, 3 and 4, forming the highest paying combinations.
Flames is played on 5 reels and 20 fixed paylines, with the betting range of $0.15 – $75 on a single spin. For uninterrupted spins, the players can select Auto Play option,which can be stopped manually or when the number of selected Auto Spins expires. Additional customisation, such as the position of the Spin button, sound volume, background music and effects quality can be performed through the advanced settings tab, under main menu icon. The icon combinations are paid left to right, except for the Scatter icon strings which will be paid both ways; in case of multiple combinations on different paylines, the payouts will be added together and only the highest value icon formation per line will be considered as valid.
This is where the slot really flames up, offering Free Games and 7 randomly triggered mini bonus features. Depending on the activated feature, the players can expect the wining amount multipliers, symbol upgrade and re-spins. With at least 3 Bonus icons, 15 re-triggerable Free Spins will be unlocked, while any spin can set in motion mini bonuses, listed below.
- Cross Flare: Feature during which flames will open ways for both left to right and right to left wins.
- Flare up: Mode that activates x2, x3, x5, x7 and x10 multipliers.
- Fire Whirl: Flames will spread across the reels and any Lion, Eagle and Wolf symbols caught by the flames will produce a winning amount multiplied by 20.
- Live Embers: All card symbols will burn up and become Wilds.
- Spontaneous Combustion: Medium value symbols are touched by the fire and transformed into high value Wolf, Lion and Eagle icons.
- Wild Inferno: Extra spin will be awarded for every Wild icon and additional re-spin will be triggered when a new Wild lands on the reel. While the spins are in progress, Wilds will expand and remain locked on their positions.
- Fire Storm: Wild and Bonus icon will merge into one and boost the odds of triggering Free Games.
With the theoretical return to player of 95.51% – 96.61%, Flame is categorised as a medium to high variance game, generating up to 7,500 coins max win. On a single spin, base game mode can produce $3,250 on a $31.25 bet or $187,500.00 on the same value bet, during the bonus game with unlocked multipliers.
Supreme visual experience bundled up with a great winning potential is pretty much how you can describe most of NextGen releases. It is obvious that the creative team behind the developer takes their name very seriously, producing slots that meet the needs of players who want more out of their gameplay experience – great design and visual features that just keep on coming.