List of Top Football Themed Slots
Football is one of the most popular sports in the world. For any slots fan who is interested in trying the best football themed slots, this list may prove to be useful.
- The Champions – RTP: 96.51%
- Bicicleta – RTP: 96.30%
- Euro Golden Cup – RTP: 94.35%
- Goal! – RTP: 95.15%
- Kick Off – RTP: 96.42%
- The Million Pound Goal – RTP: 95.15%
We end our mini guide with the latest release from the brand, The Champions, a title that was actually released on May 24th, and so is able to played at many Pragmatic Play casinos. Despite having already hit the market, there’s a lot about this pokie that you may not be aware of, such as its football infused aesthetics; this is a title all about the ‘beautiful game’.
Much like other activities from the brand, the action is kept inside a grid of 3×5, thus allowing for a more adaptable playthrough. However, there’s certains quirks to this title that make it completely unique, like your ability to choose a team before you start playing; this feature can randomly choose for you, if you’d prefer, but we like that you get to back the team you love. Furthermore, you can score goals to unlock the Momentum Progressive Game, which gifts you an increased set of multipliers. This is achieved by a crosshairs being on the reels, with you able to move it to any position you please. Should you then score a goal after spinning, the multiplier value will increase, with each following goal adding to the total. And, to make this playthrough even more enjoyable, Pragmatic Play has kept the costs of betting low, with the minimum bet the 25p threshold we’ve come to know and love.
You can play a brand new online slot from Yggdrasil and it’s called Bicicleta. This 5 reel 25 payline slot is a high variance game and it is packed with free spins, sticky wilds and a non-progressive jackpot of 1,000x your bet. The return to player (RTP) percentage is 96.3% and the theme of the game is based upon a football theme, as Bicicleta means bicycle kick/scissor kick/overhead kick in Spanish. If you love football, this online slot is certainly worth a shot (get it) and it doesn’t matter what football team you support because there’s always a chance of you picking up a trophy and scoring some big cash prizes.
You can play the Bicicleta from as little as 25p a spin and as much as £50 a spin – you can increase or decrease your bets at any time to the lower of your screen. Bicicleta can be played on a desktop, laptop and mobile device.
- Free spins – if you can spin in three or more of the free spin symbols on your reels you will automatically trigger the free spins feature. Three symbols awards 8 free spins, 4 symbols generate 16 free spins and 5 symbols gives you 24 free spins. You cannot re-trigger free spins during the free spins feature.
- Sticky wilds – these take place during the free spins mode as mentioned above. When the football player symbols land on you reels, they will try to score a goal – if they succeed they will turn into sticky wilds and will remain sticky wilds until the end of the free spins feature.
- Wild reels – the trophy feature on your active paylines can at any time turn your reel into a wild reel. The trophy symbols can also enhance your wins during the free spins feature from 2x to 40x your stake, give between 2 and 4 free spins during the free spins feature and dish out between 8 and 12 free spins during the base game.
The reels themselves are set inside a state-of-the-art football stadium with three tiers of fans, flood lights and a crisp green football pitch. You’ll encounter various football themed symbols as you spin those reels, these include; four different footballers with some rather strange haircuts and the playing card suits of hearts, spades, clubs and diamonds with a football themed pattern.
If you want to see how the game is played before playing with your own cash, there is a demo version available that allows you to see how the game is played – risk free!
To get that 1,000 coin non-progressive jackpot, you’ll need to spin in 5 of the trophy symbols. You can do this in the base game or during the free spins mode.
Euro Golden Cup
Genesis Gaming is the creator behind Euro Golden Cup online slot and as you’ve probably guessed, it is a slot with a football theme to it. This 5 reel 25 payline slot was released just before the Euro 2016 football tournament and offers players the chance to grab free spins, stacked wilds, multipliers and benefit from 2 bonus features. Euro Golden Cup has a return to player (RTP) percentage of 94.35% and boasts a non-progressive jackpot of 1,000 coins.
Play Euro Golden Cup on desktop, laptop or mobile from as little as 25p a spin and as much as £250 per spin. The controls to the lower of the screen will allow you to adjust your bets at anytime, if you wish to do so.
- Scatters – 3 or more of the referee’s whistle symbols will trigger the free spins feature. You will receive 10 free spins with stacked sliding wilds on your reels. Land a scatter again to get another 10 free spins.
- Wilds – this golden football symbol substitutes for all other symbols except the scatter symbol and is used to form winning combinations.
- Bonus feature level 1 – as you spin those reels you have to look out for the trophy symbols landing on reels 1 and 5. If you manage to spin the trophy in on reels 1 and 5 you will win a trophy. Collect these trophies to unlock different feature levels.
- Bonus feature level 2 – if you manage to accumulate 15 trophies, you will unlock the Euro Golden Cup level 2 games. You will receive 12 free spins with stacked sliding wilds and you can re-trigger these spins again if you can land more scatters on your reels.
- Bonus feature level 3 – 30 trophies unlocks this level and you will get to play the play maker free spin feature, striker feature or penalty shootout feature. Play maker feature offers 15 free spins with sliding stacked wilds. The striker feature offers 10 free spins with striker targets – each of these targets will become wilds. Finally, the penalty shootout feature requires you to take 5 penalties to beat the opposing player; this is where you can get between a 2x and 5x multiplier.
When it comes to the symbols on your reels, there are four different football players with different expressions on their faces and instead of the usual card values, there are different coloured football shirts numbered 9 to 14. Other symbols include scatters which are whistles and wilds in the shape of a golden football.
You do have the ability to test the game for free, to see how the game and its features are played without risking any of your own cash.
The maximum win you can receive from playing Euro Golden Cup online slot is 1,000 coins.
Realistic Games have released a very basic online slot that may lack in features, but certainly makes up for it in graphics, sounds and potential winnings. You don’t need to go through the paytable for hours in order to know how to play Goal and you don’t even need to put on your goalie kit, because it’s simple enough – you select your stake, place your bet and watch the wins come rolling in. There is a return to player (RTP) percentage of 95.15% to this online slot game.
As the name suggests, this online slot is based on the popular game of football. The reels are set in a goal with a billboard and crowd sitting pretty behind. You won’t find any wilds, scatters or free spins in this game – which may sound disappointing but the winning potential more than makes up for this. The paylines are shown as football shirts and there are no reels as such, the symbols just fall in place within the goal mouth. Goal features very basic symbols which are pink football boots (my favourite colour), golden whistles, the football trophy – which we all want to get our hands on with it holding the non-progressive jackpot, footballs and four different coloured gems.
Software: Realistic Games
Free Spins: No
Wild symbol: No
Scatter symbol: No
Minimum bet: 0.20
Maximum bet: £100.00
Jackpot: 5,000x your stake
I was rather disappointed with Realistic Games online slot release Goal, because there is only one feature available and that is the bonus feature. To trigger the bonus you will need a reel to show a stack of matching whistle symbols, so if you have a whistle symbol on the top of your reels with whistles on the middle and bottom reel below it – you may trigger the bonus feature. This feature doesn’t allows become active. You will need to select a randomly flashing reel by clicking on the football icon to the lower of your screen, or you can let the computer choose one for you randomly by sitting back and doing nothing. All of the remaining reels that do not have the symbol shown will respin to form winning combinations.
How to Win
Play the game in demo mode first to see if you like how its played, but if you’re a fan of football you should certainly give it a try. Use the arrows to the lower of your screen to adjust your bets and spin those reels. The auto play feature allows you to spin up to 100 spins automatically and you can tell the game to stop spinning when it either spins a win of 10,000 or hits the jackpot prize.
You can win a staggering 5,000x your stake when you spin in 5 of the football trophy symbols.
Kick Off is a 3D instant win game brought to you by slots creators Wazdan, it was released in June 2016 just in time for the Euro 2016 football tournament. As you’ve probably guessed, the theme of this game is based around football and football players. The game itself is set in a football stadium and its rather different to what you’re probably used to. There are no reels and no paylines, read on to find out more.
You can play from as little as 10p a go and as much as £100 a go.
Free Spins: No
Wild symbol: Yes
Scatter symbol: No
Minimum bet: 0.10
Maximum bet: £100.00
Jackpot: No jackpot offered
Before you play, I suggest you try Kick Off in demo mode as it’s not an online slot – it’s more of a virtual game crossed with a scratchcard. Basically, there’s only you and the football on the football pitch and you have to take the perfect penalty to win as much cash as possible. Every game will draw three footballs on your screen with numbers – match the footballs to those on the paytable to win the amount stated. Each new game costs one stake.
- Wild Symbol – the white football with different coloured sections is the wild and will substitute for all other football symbols, except the golden ball. The wild can be used to complete winning combinations.
- Matrix Table – Any game that features the golden football, will change the ball into a gold ball. When you collect three of these golden balls at the bottom of our screen in the matrix table, all horizontal bonuses and balls will drop down one level and you’ll be awarded the prize from the win table displayed. When you collect 5 of these golden balls vertically, you’ll be awarded a vertical bonus and the balls will drop again.
The values of the footballs are as follows:
- 1 = 20p
- 2 = 40p
- 3 = 60p
- 4 = £1
- 5 = £2
- 6 = £4
- 7 = £8
- Golden ball = £20
There are no jackpots offered on the Kick Off slot game – you simply play to try and accumulate wins.
The Million Pound Goal
The Million Pound Goal online slot is brought to you by software giants Realistic Games. It’s a 5 reel 10 payline slot based on a football theme. The game was released in May 2016 just in time for the Euro 2016 tournament and offers you the chance to head to the pitch and play to get your hands on a non-progressive jackpot of 5,000 coins. Play from as little as 20p in this game that has just one bonus feature to it.
The Million Pound Goal has a return to player (RTP) percentage of 95.15%.
When it comes to bonus features, there’s just the one feature in this game and that is triggered when you manage to spin in a stack of matching symbols. The reels will start to flash different colours and you can either stop them yourself by using the little football button to the lower of your screen, or you can allow the computer to stop for you by doing absolutely nothing. The reel that is chosen will stay locked in place whilst the other 4 reels re-spin to hopefully give you a winning combination and generous coin return.
The reels to this game are set in a goal in a football stadium. Behind the goal you will see an advertising billboard and crowds of supporters willing you on to win big. Symbols featured on those reels include various coloured gems, football boots, a referee whistle, a trophy and of course footballs. The vast majority of wins come from the base game with the highest symbol paying 5,000 coins; the trophy symbol.
The game has no wilds, free spins or scatters so it’s very easy to understand and play. Saying that, the lack of features means you can also get bored very quickly. Test drive the game in demo mode first before you waste any of your own cash on it.
Spin in 5 of the trophy symbols to walk away with the non-progressive jackpot prize of 5,000 coins.